E Notice - December 22 - Leaves, Christmas Trees, Video Stream
I have several year-end items to share with you...
1. Leaves... We are in our final stage of leaf collection in Area D. We ask that from this time forward you do not put any more leaves out in the street. We will be back with our vacuum truck to areas requiring finishing touches. Branches, plants and leaves can be brought to the Recycling Center or placed in paper biodegradable bags. Filled bags will be picked up at the curb if you call us at 201/670-5585. This accommodation will end January 29, 2016. All yard waste after that date must be brought to the recycling center or held until Yard Waste pickup begins in the spring. Please consult your 2016 calendar for pickup schedules.
2. Christmas Trees...We will pick up Christmas trees at the curb on Thursdays and Fridays starting January 14thand ending January 29th.
Pickup is based on the East/West sanitation schedule:
For the West Side – Thursdays – January 14, 21, 28
For the East Side – Fridays – January 15, 22, 29
Always, please remember that weather and other adverse conditions could cause us to have to tweak the dates.
A couple of important things to remember about Christmas Trees:
• Please remove all decorations, lights, ornaments and their wires, etc. from the trees before depositing at the curb; please no plastic bags.
• We also ask you not to put trees at the curb if it is snowing. If a tree does become buried, it is the homeowner’s responsibility to dig out the tree.
• Trees may be brought to Graydon Pool for disposal at any time.
• Wreaths may be left out with regular garbage pickup.
3. We are migrating our video streaming of Council Meetings from Ustream to YouTube. You can visit the Village of Ridgewood YouTube channel by clicking here. You can also access the YouTube video channel via the Village website.
As a reminder, Village Hall offices will be closed December 24th & 25th. As always, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or cell phone (201/815-9744) with any concerns or questions.
I wish you and your family a safe, healthy & fun holiday season - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!